Krishi Vigyan Kendras: The Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) are functioning under TNAU with the guidelines prescribed by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to cater to the needs of the farming community.
- Conducting “on-farm testing” for identifying technologies in terms of location specific sustainable land use systems (Technology Assessment and Refinement).
- Organise training programmes to update the extension personnel with emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basis (In-service training).
- Organise short and long-term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the farmers and rural youth with emphasis on “learning by doing” for higher production on farms and generating self employment (Vocational training).
- Organise frontline demonstrations on various crops to generate production data and feedback information (Front Line Demonstration).
- Formation of Farmers Commodity based Groups
- Conducting Monthly Zonal Workshop with extension functionaries
- Rendering need based farm advisory services
- Implementing State and Central Governments sponsored agriculture related development programmes
- Developing location specific technologies
- Conducting skill demonstrations
- Dissemination of technologies through AIR,Doordharsan, Websites and Newspapers.
List of KVKs:
1. KVK, Thiruvallur
2. KVK, Villupuram
3. KVK, Vellore
4. KVK, Dharmapuri
5. KVK, Cuddalore
6. KVK, Nagapattinum
7. KVK, Thiruvarur
8. KVK, Pudukkottai
10. KVK, Salem
11. KVK, Madurai
12. KVK, Ramanathapuram
13. KVK, Viruthunagar
14. KVK, Kanyakumari