|S.no.||Name of scheme||No. of schemes|
|4.||Externally Funded Schemes||2|
|9.||Venture Capital Scheme||6|
- Agricultural Research Station, Bhavanisagar.
- Research Project on Breeder Seed Increase.
- Establishment of Plant Clinic Centre.
- NARP-II, Western Zone Bhavanisagar.
- Front Line Demonstration in Groundnut
- AICSIP testing fees for conduct of sorghum trials
- AICRP-Water Management Scheme (WMS).
- All India Coordinated Research Project – Groundnut
- Scheme for production of Breeder seeds under NSP III (Crops).
- Clima Adopt
- ATMA F 36 LF1 to LF 8: Strategic research on improvement, management and production of agricultural and horticultural crops in Erode district.
- National Horticultural Mission (Spices)
- GOI-SERB E 28 TN Evaluation of suitable integrated farming system components for wetland situation in Erode district of Tamil Nadu
- NADP (M28 BZ) Empowerment of farmers through special programme on the market led precision farming system
- NADP (RKVY) - Seed project on Promotion of quality seed production in green manure crops
C 30 UGC Developing technologies for converting banana pseudostem and poultry waste into wealth
All India coordinated research programme on water management is under operation since 1969. This research programme focuses mainly on developing water efficient cropping programmes in Lower Bhavani Project (LBP) command area. The major thrust areas under this scheme are given below
- To determine the water requirement, enhance water use efficiency through drip and sprinkler irrigation methods and to improve the yield of common crops and cropping system of the region.
- Evaluation of system performance and to reconciliate the supply and demand and to develop operation schedule of the selected distributory of LBP command.
- Assessment of water availability and to devise interventions for matching water supply with the integral production systems and demand
- Improving water productivity in rainfed areas with different land configurations
- Conjunctive use of ground water and canal water in the command area
- Conducting on-farm water management studies with improved technologies developed and demonstration of technologies
- Micro-irrigation and fertigation studies in major crops of LBP command
- Sub surface drip irrigation and fertigation under SSI in sugarcane
- Studies on different lateral spacings on water use and fertilizer movement in turmeric under drip irrigation
- Studies on alternate wetting and drying irrigation regimes management through field water tube device in transplanted rice
- Studies on moisture movement and solute transport under drip fertigation in major crops
- Assessment of water availability at regional level and to devise interventions for matching water supply with the integral production system and demand
- Operational research project on improved water management in LBP command
- Studies on water productivity in rainfed areas with different land configurations in Lower Bhavani basin
- Operational research project on drip fertigation in sugarcane and banana.
- Conjunctive use of groundwater and canal water in the command area.
- Study on water use efficiency increase in the canal command area of Lower Bhavani Project.
The all India coordinated research programme on groundnut is operating in this station since 1985. The major objectives are to evolve a variety in groundnut suitable for rice fallow condition. This also acts as a testing centre for the coordinated research programme during rabi summer. Front Line Demonstration in Groundnut is also operating here.
This station is serving as a voluntary centre for AICRP centre for sorghum research.
This seed production programme was started during 1994 funded by ICAR and state government of Tamil Nadu. This programme is operating in this station with focused objective of producing high quality breeder seeds of improved varieties, parental lines of hybrids, foundation and certified seeds. The seeds produced under this project is supplied to various Agricultural Extension centres, state seed farms, state oilseed farms, private companies, farmers and colleges, Research stations and KVK’s of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
This breeder seed increase programme is in operation since 1978 with the major objective of production and supply of targeted quantities of breeder seeds of important crops like paddy, pulses, oilseeds, vegetables and millets as per the indent received from the Director (CPBG), TNAU, Coimbatore.
This station is a major breeder seed producing centre in the state. Breeder seeds of paddy, millets, pulses, oilseeds and vegetable crops, totally around 30 tonnes are being produced annually and supplied to the farmers, private seed growers and State and central government agencies / Department of Agriculture. Besides, about 120 tonnes of foundation and TNAU labelled seeds in paddy, millets, pulses, oilseeds, forage crops, greenmanure crops and vegetable crops are being produced at this station annually and supplied to government department agencies, the private seed producers and farmers.
Breeder seeds of rice varieties viz., ADT 39, ADT 43, ADT (R) 45, ADT (R) 47, Bhavani, IR 50, IR 20, I.W.Ponni, Co 43 and Anna (R) 4, pulses like blackgram (Vamban 3, VBN (Bg) 4, ADT 3, Co 6), greengram (CO 6 and COGG 912), Cowpea (CO 6, CO (Cp) 7), groundnut (VRI 2, TMV 7), maize (Co1, parental lines of maize hybrid COHM 5 and CoHM 6) and vegetables like bhendi (Arka Anamika) cluster bean (Pusa Naubhahar) are being produced as per the indent and supplied to Government of India, State Department of Agriculture and private seed producers.
Foundation seeds in paddy varieties like ADT 43, ADT (R) 45, IW Ponni are being produced, processed and supplied to cater the needs of state indent, farmers of Erode district and other districts and private seed companies.
Labelled seeds of paddy varieties like ADT 39, ADT 43, ADT (R) 45, IW Ponni, CO (R) 48, CO (R) 49, CO (R) 50, CO (R) 51, Anna (R) 4, pulses like blackgram CO6, greengram CO6 and COGG 912, vegetables like tomato PKM 1, bhendi Arka Anamika, moringa PKM 1 and cluster bean PNB and greenmanure crops are being produced and distributed to farmers and different private and government agencies.
The station is the major breeder seed producing centre in the state. Breeder seeds on rice, millets, pulses, oilseeds and vegetable crops, totally around 30 tonnes is produced annually and supplied to farmers, private seed growers and State Department of Agriculture. Besides about 120 tonnes of rice, pulses foundation/TNAU labelled seeds are produced at this station annually.
A state of the art seed processing unit with all the facilities viz., seed processing machineries, drying yard, storage godowns etc., is functioning at this station. All the seeds produced at this station are properly processed and packed in this unit.
Under this project, quality seeds of green manure crop - sunhemp are being produced and supplied to the farmers. Trainings on quality seed production techniques in green manure crops were also imparted to the farmers.
Technology intervention in 300 ha of agricultural and horticultural crops in Erode district is being carried out with the help of Department of Agriculture and Horticulture.
"Evaluation of Suitable Integrated Farming System components for wetland situation in Erode district of Tamil Nadu". This scheme is in operation to identify suitable farming components and to assess the economics of IFS for LBP command area.
The following Venture Capital Schemes are in operation at this station:
- Mass production of Trichoderma viride, Pseudomonas fluorescens and Pleurotus spp.
- Production of foundation seeds of popular rice varieties through system of rice intensification.
- Production and distribution of popular varieties/hybrids of coconut seedlings.
- Clonal propagation of BSR amla for commercial outlet.
- Commercial production and distribution of banana suckers, fruits and leaves.
- Production and distribution of vermicompost.
Agricultural crops and Horticultural crops under ICAR Mega seed Project and AICORP on National Seed Project (Crops) are in operation for quality seed production and planting materials production.
Strategic research on management and production of agricultural and horticultural crops in Erode district are in progress.
This research station was presented with the "Best research station award for the year 2012" in view of outstanding performance. Further, the "Best seed production centre award 2012" was achieved by this station.